Sunday, September 13, 2009

Hail to the Redskins, Hail Victory, Braves on the Warpath, Fight for Old DC

Does anyone actually know the rest of the song? Maybe the Hoggets, Chief Zee or the Skins' marching band but, for the most part, this is the part of the chant all Redskins' fans recite before, during and after the game.

Today is the first Redskins game of the season and I cannot wait to put on my Cooley jersey and cheer them on. I'm not one of those lifers who grew up in a hog heaven family; on the contrary, I grew up liking the Oakland Raiders. Bo Jackson was my favorite player and when I was growing up, he was their star player. However, when I moved to the DC area about 2 1/2 years ago, I quickly noticed the passion the fans held for the Redskins and I couldn't help but adopt that passion myself. It took me about a year to find my favorite player but, once I did, it was obvious he was the epitome of Washington Redskins' football. The video says it all, really. But, the picture shows his crazy/funny side. If you've never checked out his blog, you definitely should (http://chriscooley47.blogspot.com).

Here's to hoping the Skins have a better season than last - that JC doesn't get sacked every other play, that Moss, Randle El and the other WRs don't drop the long ball, that Carlos Rodgers holds onto an interception for once, that Haynesworth earns his $100 million contract and that Orakpo proves why he was their #1 pick. Of course, we all know COOOOOOOOLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYY will provide us with game changing plays and humorous, sometimes inappropriate pictures and posts (aka pictures of his "man region").



No comments:

Post a Comment